Click on a number for more information
please send any feedback to
1. Visit Backwell Environmental Trust (BET) woodland reserves or volunteer to help in their maintenance -
2. Take your blood pressure using the machine in the GP surgery. There are weighing scales as well. Be prepared to cope with the results.
3. Join St Andrew’s Choir (Choir practice is Friday evening)
4. See some the oldest houses in the village by walking from St Andrew’s Church to Sore’s Court. Admire the newly renovated thatched cottage still marked on ordinance survey maps as a pub (there is dispute that it ever was a public house).
5. Walk the path around Backwell Lake and take photos of the wildlife for….
6. … your entry to the Village Show in September. This only happens once a year, but you can spend the whole year getting ready for it, by taking photographs and practicing making a Victoria sponge.
7. Use the Wi-
8. Join in Backwell’s Best Kept Garden Competition.
9. Cycle from Backwell to Long Ashton along the Sustrans cycle route, the traffic free section starts at the bottom of Chapel Lane
10. Visit St Andrew’s Church and see the 18th Century Chandelier and 15th Century Rood Screen
11. Call in at Claire Hall’s studio to see her making glass art – the best time is Wednesday mornings, you can ring to check (07796 794168)
12. Take your children or grandchildren to play on the equipment in one of the 3 parks
13. Take yourself to use the keep fit, grown up play equipment in West Town Park.
14. Go bird spotting on the footpath next to the railway line or up Backwell Hill at the view point by the old quarry.
15. Gather at the Cross Roads every Friday night during the summer for the Organised Village Walk, starting at 7.15 pm.
16. Enjoy Messy Church for mothers and small children at the Methodist Church.
17. Visit the mobile library in the Leisure Centre car park on Monday afternoons
18. Walk up Piggy Lane to the Jubilee Stone for great views of Backwell and beyond-
19. Half term mother and toddler group at St Andrew’s Church
20. Ask Phil in the Post Office (anything).
|20 things 2016|